Hey Everyone! As part of our Memorial Day blog series, I had to throw in the all-time favorite Fruit Pizza! The fruit pizza in the picture above I only did strawberries because my local grocery store was limited with good fruit that was reasonably priced. Check out below for my recipe and tips!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
*Desired fruit for the topping.
Making the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth.
- Mix in egg to the large bowl from step 2.
- In a separate mixing bowl,combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the bowl with the ingredients from step 4 to the mixing bowl with ingredients from step 2.
- Stir it into the creamed mixture until just blended.
- Press dough into an un-greased pizza pan or jelly roll pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. (sides of crust will start to turn golden)
- Let crust cool completely before adding frosting (or your frosting will melt!)
Making the frosting & adding fruit:
- In a large bowl, beat (with an electric mixer) cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light and no longer grainy from the sugar.
- Spread frosting on cooled crust.
- Cut and arrange desired fruit on top of frosting.
- Cover with press n seal or lid and refrigerate.
- You definitely can use store bought sugar cookie dough in a tube rather than making your own crust. Just make sure to let it thaw on the counter top for about 10 minutes so it is workable. Even coming directly out of the refrigerator can be hard to work with.
- I personally use Watkins Vanilla for my frosting and I think it makes a huge difference compared to “everyday vanilla” at the grocery store.
- To give you an idea, in the picture above, I used 1 entire regular sized container of strawberries.
- My favorite fruit to use typically – strawberries, bananas, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, and kiwi.
- Need help with a design for your fruit? Check out pinterest.com. There are so many cool ideas! 🙂
Make sure to tag us on Instagram if you try out our recipes and subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out! Stay tuned…we have more recipe to come this week 🙂