If you like Mexican food, then you’re definitely in the right place 🙂 This recipe is seriously so simple and quick, hence the title, which is perfect for anybody! This also uses ingredients that you can find ANYWHERE and most likely even have some already in your kitchen right now. My brother’s fiance had shared this idea with me and I had to share it with you guys! I actually made this for my dad and brother for lunch over break, and they thought it was really good. So ladies here’s an easy meal that will please your man 😉 My favorite part about this version of tacos is baking them in the oven because it melts the cheese and makes the tacos a little crispy!
These are the specific ingredients that I use:
A few things…
- Like I’ve shared before, I use 80/20 ground beef because that is what my family gets when we harvest our own steers. You can definitely use leaner meat if you’d like!
- I used reduced fat cheese, but you could opt for fat-free for an even lower fat option.
- These tortillas aren’t any special “healthy” version, but the macros on them were awesome! And they are the perfect size for this recipe. Per tortilla: 80 calories – 2.5g fat – 13g carbs – 2g protein. Plus they were store brand, even cheaper 😉
- Taco seasoning – I always use lower sodium options when they are available.
Let’s get to it!
STEP 1: Preheat your oven to 350º!! If you forget to do this right away, these tacos might take more than 10 minutes and nobody has time for that!
STEP 2: Brown the ground beef in a skillet. I personally drained it because I used 80/20 meat, but if you have leaner meat you might not have to! Then add the taco seasoning as directed on the packaging.
STEP 3: Lay out the tortillas on large baking sheet and evenly distribute the taco meat between the tortillas.
STEP 4: Add 1/4 cup of cheese to each taco. Bake for 5-6 minutes, or until the cheese is melted to your desire. You could maybe even add a 6th tortilla if you want! As you can probably tell, I had to use one larger tortilla because my dad ate some of the ones I got for this recipe LOL. So it just depends on how much meat you want in each taco! The nutrition facts below are for 5 tortillas FYI.
Now you just have to add whatever toppings you like and you’re good to go! 🙂 I personally used lettuce, salsa, and light sour cream! Don’t forget to like this post and comment below if you have any questions or tried the recipe out!
10 Minute Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 5 tortillas
- 2 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef. Drain and return to skillet when done.
- Add taco seasoning as directed on packaging.
- Lay tortillas out on a large baking sheet. Evenly distribute taco meat to each tortilla.
- Add 1/4 cup cheese to each taco. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Add desired toppings such as lettuce, sour cream and salsa!
Don’t forget to like, comment, follow, subscribe! 🙂